Monday, December 06, 2004

Train rides....

"Trains and Memories"
March 2004

Long train rides through new countries
with rivers and fields and gothic cathedrals
I fall asleep to the low metallic rumble
and awake to a sharp hiss as we
go through a tunnel and I look up
smiling silenty at the girl I think
I now love this red haired girl
with those sharp blue beautiful eyes and
that smooth and sensitive soft white skin I
think I'm still so childish but with her
I'm so much more and feel so much
more like I'm changing but I don't know
how completely but it's good and it's permanent
her friend and mind be default is still sleeping
so we're alone in this crowded train just
staring at eachother smiling until she looks away
and I knew when I loved her
in Ireland in that Irish rain
that I thought should be green
but wasn't as I smoked alone
on a bench while she slept inside and
I wonder what will happen when we get back
and we've had this great new experience
together as I talk and try to remember
this trip with other friends a month later
in a crowded room later with pictures
and laughs and drinks and stories
and I find her and she smiles at me
trying but all I remember is that
Irish rain and how her red hair
looked wet and felt beautiful as I
brushed it back to see once again
those sharp blue eyes
and we smile at eachother
alone in this crowded train.

-Pieter

....interesting how things change so much in a year....but i guess poetry is sometimes a record of a life, the good and the bad...and that makes it beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful record. lovely places. lucky girl. ;)

I should be shot for the overuse of emoticons.

[katie]

aziner said...

Wow, beautiful. I'm captured by the imagery & emotion. Very impressive, Pieter.

Anonymous said...

This was the first poem I read of yours and I was totally blown away. I remembering thinking..."wow...to be loved like that!" What a beautiful "record of life." So much for scrapbooking, eh? :) -sherry

Thomas Ham said...

i love piet. dude, if i get that job @ verizon in menifee and end up doing the adult degree completion program at cal baptist i might get a place out in riverside. you should room with me. we can have sweet keggers like every night! everyone's invited.

Anonymous said...

Lordoftherings.net, and there should be a link in one of the four boxes in the middle of the page. I think it says sneak preview or something. If we don't get to watch it in class Wednesday, let's hang out & watch it anyway! I think it'll be really good with the extra story line. Did you ever finish reading it?
I still have to write that paper... sigh. Talk to you soon
[katie]