Saturday, December 04, 2004

Another poem...

My favorite season...

"She is Autumn"
August 2004

In the last days of Autumn
my heart would swell
with a song, a shape
a laugh or a dance.
In the leaves like rain
the rain like leaves
in the sky I viewed
so happily gray.
Gray with the rain that washed
away so happily the world's dirt,
the world's sweat,
the world's hurt...
About what's to come,
what's been done
and I laughed.
I sat.
I walked in the rain.
Through the woods
the gardens, the roads,
because they were beautiful
and she was and she is.
Autumn...
her kiss is the flutter of leaves.
Autumn and her sharp
crisp change.
With her coming sister
she begins the end
of a year, an age,
a life and it's song.

Not sure about this one anymore....too cheezy?

4 comments:

Katie Harris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie Harris said...

eh, i don't have the myspace any more. i didn't like it. i'm faithful to the blogger.com

aziner said...

It's not cheezy, I just don't think it's as emotionally deep as some of the other pieces you have posted. I love the imagery of autumn though, beautifully written.

Anonymous said...

Cheesy? No, not really. The subject could well be, but you have a way with the words that makes it not. I think everyone who reads it will love the season because of it. Whatever season it is currently is always my favorite, though, so maybe that's just me.

I don't really know what to say to the things you write. my heart doesn't pour itself out into words as well as yours does.
[katie]